The Parent Plus package is an opportunity for parents to take an active role in shaping the future of the college for the students. In return, parents will get a chance to be involved in some of the exciting events and activities held at the college.
Why get involved?
- Make a difference
You can make real changes by working with us. Let us know what’s working, what isn’t, what you’d like to see and what you think about Treviglas to help us as we move forward
- Help the students to achieve
It is vital for us to hear from parents about what makes a difference to their child’s education; it might make the difference for someone else
- Learn more about the college
It’s important to us that you learn everything there is to know about us. Being part of Parent Plus will allow you to be actively involved in activity at the college
- Develop and use your skills
There are a multitude of skills that can be learnt from being an active member of the Parent Plus group. In addition, we’d love you to share your skills with us and our students to make a positive difference!
- College Experiences
In return for helping us, we want to give you something in return – just as our way of saying thank you! See the ‘Plus Package’ overleaf.
Parent Plus Package
- A chance to make a positive change at the college
- Discounted Sports Hub membership
- Invitation to Parent Plus events including the annual Parent Plus quiz and buffet evening
- Discount on ticketed college performance and events
- Entry into the annual parent plus draw for a family day out at a local attraction
In return for
- Participating in a focus group to help shape the future of the college
- Offering classes, experience days, mentoring for students (if appropriate) in your area of expertise
- Helping out at college events such as drama or music performances
- Helping in charity day fundraising activity (donating a gift/helping to raise money)
- Supporting our Reading for Pleasure and/or Maths for Excitement programmes with ‘short chunk’ or longer term commitment
- Supporting our eXtra@ Treviglas programme by offering to supervise or run an activity e.g Duke of Edinburgh, chess club, etc.
For details, and to register your interest in being involved in Parent Plus, please email Angela Datlen (PA to the Headteacher) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to frequency and availability – parents who are a member of the Parent Plus will be automatically included.