Are you eligible to claim free school meals for your child(ren)?
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
As someone else is preparing the meals for your child, it saves you having to worry about the effort and expense of making packed lunches every day. You may also be entitled to further benefits saving you even more money!
To make sure your child does not miss out on their entitlement to eat, please contact:
Cornwall Council Free School Meals Team on 01872 323298/323408
Free School Meal email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries, please contact the college (01637 872076). Reception holds copies of the application form and we are happy to provide confidential assistance in claiming this benefit.
Details of children who claim Free School Meals are also kept completely confidential by Cornwall’s Children’s Service Authority.