If you are interested in gaining some classroom experience, perhaps with a view to embarking on a teacher training course, then follow the instructions below. We welcome visitors who want to do this and offer specific introductory dates every half- term within the English, Science, Maths, Humanities, Drama and PE faculties. You can come in for more than one day and this is arranged when you have booked in for the introductory date.
If you are interested in gaining some classroom experience, perhaps with a view to embarking on a teacher training course, then follow the instructions below. We welcome visitors who want to do this and offer specific introductory dates every half- term. You can come in for more than one day and this is arranged when you have booked in for the introductory date.
- If you do not yet have a degree. You then need to contact Kyla McAlpin to see if we have places available. You can also let her know if you want to visit for a number of days. The dates are:
Monday 26th September 2016
Monday 17th October 2016
Monday 21st October 2016
Monday 5th December 2016
Monday 23rd January 2017
Monday 6th February 2017
Monday 20th March 2017
Monday 8th May 2017
Monday 12th June 2017
Monday 26th June 2017
- If you already have a degree of a 2.1 or above (or 2.2 if in Maths), or if you are in your final year and your predicted grade is at this level, you need apply through the School Experience Programme (SEP).
- You will need to register with the Teaching Agency (Get Into Teaching – education.gov.uk), if you have not already done so, before you can apply for the SEP.
- Once you have registered with the Teaching Agency, you can apply for the SEP quickly and easily by calling the Teaching Line on 0800 389 2500.
- The Teaching Line will contact you once you have registered and it has been confirmed that you meet the requirements. You can contact the Teaching Line by emailing schoolexperience@TA-recruit.education.gov.uk or on freephone 0800 389 2500 if you have any questions about your application. Please note that school experience placements are subject to meeting the eligibility requirements and availability in your local or preferred area. This is a completely free government service.
On day one we will arrange for you to observe teaching and pastoral work and give you the chance to talk to teachers about day-to-day school life.
You may be able to complete up to a maximum of 10 placement days on the School Experience Programme (SEP). This will need to be arranged between us and will require you to have a DBS check if you wish to come in for more than three days. This costs £54. You will need to bring in cash, or a cheque made payable to Treviglas Community College so we can issue you with a receipt. If you are coming to us via the Government’s School Experience Programme, they will meet this cost. If you are not on this programme, you must pay the fee. You will need to provide three forms of I.D, one of which must be a photo I.D, and personally come in and meet with Ms Kyla McAlpin (email@example.com) who will complete an on-line application for you. It can take anything from 24 hours to a number of weeks, for your DBS application to be agreed so we advise you come in as soon as possible (ideally well in advance of your first day with us).
You can still visit for up to three days without a DBS check.